Thursday, April 27, 2006

Upcoming AMO Conferences

Upcoming AMO conferences (including theory) are DAMOP (Knoxville, TN) and ICAP (Innsbruck, Austria). Note that the ICAP chairs include Rudolf Grimm, whose work on Efimov states I had mentioned earlier this month.

I unfortunately have to skip DAMOP this time around, as I'm busy in the last few months of my Ph.D. I'm sad about missing DAMOP--like March Meeting, it's very big, but the upshot is that something interesting is always going on, and absolutely everyone you could possibly want to talk to in AMO physics is there. It's therefore great fun to go.

DAMOP 2004 was in Tucson, Arizona in May. The desert was gorgeous--and the U of Arizona is world reknowned for optics. But boy, was it HOT! Those of us from Boston who had forgotten what the sun looked like had to scurry from building to building trying not to melt. :)

DAMOP 2005 was in Lincoln, Nebraska. This year DAMOP is in Knoxville, Tennessee.

This particular atomic physicist hopes for DAMOP 2007 (which I will definitely attend) in Hawaii. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home